Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Writing the Party Scene

I have decided to post this at myspace.com and here. I have a blog there, but I'm liking this blog better. So if you want to read earlier posts go to: myspace.com to see them.

So as far as writing goes, I've subbed my chapter for the month to my critique group and waiting to hear back about the comments. Meanwhile I'm constantly occupied thinking about Amber's Sweet 16 Party. Anyone who is reading this, please, if you have been to a Sweet 16 recently would you let me know what kinds of themes kids are doing these days? I can't seem to find one that would fit a 16 year old today. I've been to parties, but they were 10 years ago and would be dated for the book.

Amber is a bit of a spoiled brat, so she will probably want to match what she is wearing to her party's theme. But again without a theme for the party, this is difficult. I'll do some research myself as well to see if I can find a theme. This is the climax of the story, so it's very important that it is all going to go right. Here is where Amber, who hates both Lauren and Jenny, finds that her little plan is not going to work after all and Lauren's life gets way more complicated. If you don't know any of these characters, but they intrigue you I am happy.:) That means the book will appeal to many people.

Meanwhile, please send me your suggestions. I have a whole month to write this scene, but I'm not going to take that long. Once I find a theme I'll be able to write it. Help!!!

Looked for writing jobs on craigslist today and many of them just aren't for me. Also, so many of them aren't worth doing for such a small amount of money. I'll keep looking. I did find a few tutoring jobs too, but also way too small an amount for me. Would love to just write, but need to have an income too.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing