Bookmark and Share

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!


What a wonderful way to start celebrating the 4th of July!! I was a guest on Susanne Drazic's blog for her Christmas in July and she reviewed my book. I am so excited by what she said, so I'm sharing it with you here. You can also see it on her blog: Putting Words Down on Paper.

MY REVIEW:
If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor is a YA book written by Barbara Ehrentreu. It is a book about young teenagers and their freshman year of high school. You will find that it deals with issues that are relevant to teenagers today, as they were to teenagers years ago.

Carolyn Samuels wants to be like Jennifer Taylor. Who wouldn’t? Jennifer Taylor has it all. She is popular and dating a junior quarterback in high school. She wears stylish clothes and has the perfect body. Jennifer Taylor’s life is perfect. Or is it?

Carolyn has dreams of getting her secret crush, being a cheerleader and having a thinner body. How far will Carolyn go to get what she wants? Will her decisions to do the right thing be clouded by what she so desperately wants to become? Will Carolyn lose her best friends, Becky and Janie, because of all this? Is Freshman year a new beginning for Carolyn Samuels or just more of what happened in middle school? You’ll have to read If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor to find out.

Barbara Ehrentreu truly understands how young girls think and how they might act when placed in certain situations. Young teens are feeling pulled between turning to a parent for guidance, seeking advice from friends or making decisions on their own; not always thinking of the consequences of those decisions. Her book touches on subjects that are definitely relevant to today's young teens. I definitely think this book is one that all YA readers will enjoy. (I love this part!!)

If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor will be released in September 2011, by MuseItUp Publishing https://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2/.

I had tears in my eyes when I read this, because it's been a long time coming for this book!!! Thank you to my entire Muse family! I couldn't have done this without you!

Until the next time, have fun this 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing